An example of using the Enchange Distributor Assessment Tool during a Route to Market – Distributor Development Programme, which has been delivered to a multinational client in the brewing sector in Central Eastern Europe.
Project Background and Approach
- The client had a multi-distributor model with a mix of good and poorly performing distributors. The local market had experienced decline in the previous two years with all major international players present.
- The Enchange RtM Programme established new international benchmarks for distributor performance and measured all distributors against the benchmark.
- The Programme included visits to all distributors. This included detailed discussions with the distributor senior management team & owners, discussions with operations management, trade visits with distributor representatives, analysis of distributor data and a quantitative assessment of distributor processes, procedures and performance using our proprietary Distributor Assessment Tool.
- The Distributor Assessments identified specific targeted sales-led initiatives with distributors and drove a Distributor Development Programme.
- The distribution network was optimised with mix of distributor exits, territory extensions and new distributor contracts.
- In the first season sales and market share increased at expense of two other key players (in a declining market)
- Bottom line impact of the project was over €11m pa.
What you should do now?
- If you would like us to improve your RtM execution – to increase brand distribution volume and profit growth, contact us for a Free RtM Session. During this free phone consultation, one of our experts will discuss your RtM goals and suggest strategies to achieve RtM excellence in execution.
- For further details on our methodology 20 Steps to Route to Market Excellence, read here.
- To understand the capability of your distributors to achieve your sales objectives download our Free Distributor Assessment Tool here.
- To learn practical, hands-on advice on how to improve your distribution operations download our RtM Improvement E-Book here.
- If you would like to learn more visit our blog for more insight on RtM.