Faced with indifferent factory and supply chain performance, Enchange was invited to advise upon re-engineering factory operations for this $140m FMCG multinational in Kenya. The project was a ‘Greenfield’ approach involving redesign of operating procedures and plant layout, building in quality and planned maintenance to working practices.
The programme included:
- Training programme for Technical Operators & Team Leaders (Supervisor).
- New operating procedures & plant layout.
- ‘Performance Improvement Kit’ for Technical Operators.
- New organisation structure and work patterns.
- Assessment & selection process including a Competency Matrix.
- ‘Performance Calculator’ to measure team and line performance.
- HR support mechanisms including remuneration linked to team performance
Results at the end of Year 1
- Efficiency increase from 50 to 70%.
- Output increase of 29%; stock that was in short supply had become available.
- Bottom line improvement of $2.3m appx. per annum.
- Significant improvements in quality & housekeeping.
How can Enchange help your business?
To find out how we can help your business, and to enquire about our services please contact us.